Presented by Arnon Peleg and Jim Cownie, Intel
This three hour tutorial/workshop will provide an introduction to using Intel® Vtune Amplifier to tune OpenCL codes targeting three different types of Intel hardware.
- The integrated graphics in Intel laptop and desktop processors running Windows
- The Intel processors themselves (laptop, desktop or server)
- The Intel Xeon Phi™ coprocessor
Topics covered at IWOCL included:
- building OpenCL codes for the different targets
- simple use of Vtune Amplifier to look at OpenCL performance at the high level
- using Vtune Amplifier to find more detailed performance bottlenecks
After this workshop attendees should understand
- How to run OpenCL codes on three different pieces of Intel hardware
- How to use Vtune Amplifier to investigate the performance of OpenCL codes and tune them on Intel hardware
If you are attending the Intel workshop and intend to bring a laptop to try out some of the examples being shown, then the document below will explain how to download Vtune and the test cases before you arrive.