This policy was last updated on April 25, 2018.
Please note: The IWOCL Conference Registration System is managed independently by Eventbrite., and is subject exclusively to the Eventbrite Privacy Statement. For a complete view of the statement please click here.
What Information We May Collect
When you use our Services, we may collect “Personal information,” which is any information that can be used to identify a particular individual which can include traditional identifiers such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and non-traditional identifiers such as unique device identifiers and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We may collect personal information that you or other users give us (e.g. your contact details or your comments or opinions), allow us to receive either through your preferences in your devices (e.g. location data) or browser or from third parties such as social networks (e.g. your public profile information) or through use of our Services (e.g. the pages you visit).
Why We Collect Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect helps us:
- provide our Services to you;
- process transactions;
- respond to requests or any correspondence you send us;
- learn about our users’ interests in terms of the features, performance and support of our products;
customize your experience (including the content and advertisements delivered on our websites);
- to enhance and develop our Services;
- to protect and enforce our rights and the rights of our users and third parties;
- market our products and services to you through newsletters or promotional e-mails
How We May Share Your Information
We do not sell Personal Information about our customers or users to any third parties. We may from time to time share your Personal Information with our business partners, resellers, affiliates, service providers, consulting partners and others in order to provide our Services to you. See “Additional Information on How We May Share Your Information”.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
IWOCL respects your choices about how your Personal Information is used when you register with us, elect to receive our newsletters, or provide us with Personal Information for other purposes.
If you choose not to provide any Personal Information when requested, you can still enjoy most aspects of our Services. However, you may be unable to access certain areas and services that require our interaction with you.
- We also permit third party online advertising networks and social media companies to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our site as well as on other websites or apps. Typically, this information is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including for example, hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, and other information. This information is used to display targeted ads on or through our Services, or to our users or visitors to our websites on other websites or apps, including on Facebook. We may combine personal information that we collect about you with the browsing and tracking information collected by these technologies. We or the online advertising networks use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. For example, we use third party advertising services such as Remarketing with Google Analytics to market our services to you on other websites. You may be able to “opt out” of the collection of information through cookies or other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools.
To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, and to learn how you may be able to opt-out of interest-based advertising from many online advertising networks, you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org, the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources at www.networkadvertising.org or www.aboutads.info/choices). If you access our service on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
EU rights relating to Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information: (i) the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used; (ii) the right to access the personal information we hold about you; and (iii) the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you and to request the blocking or deletion of your personal information where the processing does not comply with local data protection laws. To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Links to Other Sites
We will take all reasonable and appropriate measures to protect the personal information you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
How to Contact Us
Additional Information on How We May Share Your Information
We may with your prior consent share your Personal Information with business partners who offer a service jointly with us, for example, when running a co-sponsored contest, promotion, or survey.
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws; or (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of IWOCL or users of our website.
IWOCL may “de-personalize” Personal Information by removing personally identifiable characteristics, such as name and email address, and aggregate data for use in surveys or other business purposes. IWOCL may then use and/or share this de-personalized information with third parties to improve our Services.