The International Workshop on OpenCL (IWOCL) is the annual meeting of OpenCL users, researchers, developers and suppliers to share OpenCL best practise, and to promote the evolution and advancement of the OpenCL standard. The meeting is open to anyone who is interested in contributing to, and participating in the OpenCL community.
IWOCL is the premier forum for the presentation and discussion of new designs, trends, algorithms, programming models, software, tools and ideas for OpenCL. Additionally, IWOCL provides a formal channel for community feedback to Khronos the industry body responsible for the standard.
- Submissions Deadline: January 31, 2018
All submissions are reviewed by the Technical Committee comprising world-leaders in the field of OpenCL and the following categories of submissions are welcome:
- Research Papers
- Technical Presentations
- Tutorials and Workshops
Submissions related to any aspect of using OpenCL (including SYCL, SPIR, Vulkan Compute and OpenCL based libraries) are of interest, including (but not limited to): case-studies of their use in applications, software tools, programming methods, debugging, performance analysis, and integration.
The selection of research papers will be based on the full paper and should cover original, un-published work. All other submissions (posters, technical presentations and tutorials) will be selected based on the submitted short abstract and do not have to cover un-published work, but should be topical and be approriate for a technical audience.
Areas of particular interest, are the use of OpenCL in:
- Mobile & Embedded
- CPU and GPU
- Vulkan Compute
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
The IWOCL Technical Committee will review submissions based on the following criteria;
- Concept of the submission and its relevance and timeliness
- Technical depth
- Clarity of the submissions
- Research findings and results of your work
- Your credentials and expertise in the subject matter
How to Submit
- Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iwocl2018
Full Academic Papers
- We solicit the submission of full-length unpublished academic/technical papers detailing original research related to OpenCL. Please submit full papers, which should be no longer than 12 pages using the ACM SIG proceedings style (LaTeX and Word templates available here: http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates)
- We solicit the submission of technical presentations detailing the innovative use of OpenCL. All topics related to OpenCL are of interest. Please submit an abstract which should not exceed 500 words. Additional supporting materials may be submitted as a single .pdf document. The accepted presentations will be published in proceedings. Presentations should be 20-25 mins in length with 5 mins for Q&A. Final presentations are required at the conference.
Workshops & Tutorials
- IWOCL includes a day of workshops and tutorials that provide OpenCL users an opportunity to spend more time exploring a specific OpenCL topic. Submissions should assume working knowledge of OpenCL by the attendees and can for example cover OpenCL itself, any of the related APIs such as SPIR and SYCL, or the use of OpenCL libraries or parallel computing techniques in general using OpenCL. Please submit an abstract which should not exceed 500 words. Additional supporting materials may be submitted as a single .pdf document. Please include the preferred length of the tutorial or workshop (e.g. 2, or 4 hours).
- To encourage discussion of the latest developments in the OpenCL community, there is a poster session running in parallel to the conference. Please submit an abstract which should not exceed 500 words. Additional supporting materials may be submitted as a single .pdf document. All accepted posters will be included in the proceedings. Posters should be either A1 or A0 and can be displayed at the venue in either Landscape or Portrait mode. The organisers request that all accepted authors arrange printing of their poster and that it should be brought to the registration desk on the 15th May to be advised on the best location, which will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Note: A1 = 594 x 841mm (23.4 x 33.1 in), A0 = 841 x 1189mm (33.1 x 46.8).
All presenters must register for the conference at the prevailing rate and must present the material to have their submission included in the proceedings.
- Simon McIntosh-Smith, IWOCL Chair and and Head of the High Performance Computing Research Group
- David Kaeli, Northeastern University
- Tim Lewis, IWOCL Marketing and Event Organiser
The IWOCL 2018 proceedings will be published in the ACM Digital Library. View the previous IWOCL Proceedings:
- IWOCL 2017 ACM Proceedings
- IWOCL 2016 ACM Proceedings
- IWOCL 2015 ACM Proceedings
- IWOCL 2014 ACM Proceedings
The conference will be held at:
- St Catherine’s College, Manor Road, Oxford, OX1 3UJ. UK.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Call for Submissions / Papers is also available at: https://easychair.org/cfp/IWOCL-2018